Wedding Photography Portfolio Site   |   View our All New Photography Blog  |   Contact Us                                                                                   

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Taking a break from photography

Here's a tip that you probably don't see on many photography websites. Sometimes its good to take a break from photography. Although its good experience to shoot everyday, and will really enhance your skills, after shooting for a long time its good to take a break. Just like most things in life, after training for a long time, you need to take a break to recover and expand your skills in other areas. Ever heard the term "crosstraining"? Well that applies in photography as well.

As I write this I haven't touched my camera in well over a week. Webdesign, school, and tutorial videos have consumed my life. I can just hear my camera down there crying. But soon I will return to it, with new ideas, and a clear head.


Josh Jones Photographer
A random picture of a pigeon downtown

2 comments:

  1. Well said! I really need a bread too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything we do we need to take a break from sometimes... gives a chance to process and come back with a new angle on it. Opens the door to so many new things :)

    ReplyDelete