Wedding Photography Portfolio Site   |   View our All New Photography Blog  |   Contact Us                                                                                   

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's with all the great news lately! More awards!

I don't know what the deal is with all the good news all of a sudden! First my car situation finally worked out! Then, a few weeks ago I found out that 6 of my images were published in the Capture Rochester Book. Then yesterday I come to find out that one of my images was used in the 2009 Democrat & Chronicle Calendar that is sent out to thousands of people each year, here is the image used (one of my personal favorites!):

Cloud Scraper

Then after all this I come home and I find out that the results to an Automotive Photography contest I entered almost a year ago. No, no I didn't win it. But I was runner up, which comes with a $1,000 cash prize!! It is pretty ironic that the same day I find out the results to the contest was the same day I found out the car in all the pictures was totaled. Here's the winning shot from the automotive contest:

Scion

For this shot I actually climbed 30 feet up a chemical silo and hung off the side of it, shooting my Nikon D50 and 18-55mm lens (at the time) with one hand. Pretty risky shot, but it paid off! Whats going to happen next!! Looks like Christmas came early this year! God is so amazing!

Stay tuned, I have lots of great stuff to upload soon including some great downtown shots in the rain, some portraits from the other night, and another wedding!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are really working out for you!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Congrat's!! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete